The "go-to" method for quantitative organic analysis, the chromatography laboratory at Polymer Diagnostics, Inc. is equipped for many techniques and methods. PDI has capabilities in both gas and liquid phase chromatography.
While a variety of detectors and software systems are used, all chromatography tests share a similar method. These processes separate mixtures into individual components by dissolving the original sample and passing it through a column to separate the components. PDI can evaluate the proportions of the isolated analytes to give you actionable data on the materials you or your competitor is using.
Contact our staff for more information on the applicability of chromatography tests for your business case.
Gas Chromatography Capabilities
- GC-FID (flame ionization detection) for highly resolved separation and quantifications
- GC-MS (mass spectroscopy) to couple the separation knowledge of GC with the identification prowess of mass spectroscopy
- Headspace analysis for the identification of volatile components
- Pyrolysis, thermal desorption, and evolved gas analysis (EGA) capabilities allow for advanced polymer characterization
- Large reference libraries amassed with decades of real world samples
Liquid Chromatography Capabilities
- Multiple columns for increased analytical flexibility
- Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC)/(GPC) Gel Permeation Chromatography for molecular weight determinations
- Multiple detector types including refractive index and UV Vis
- Utilization of multiple detectors simultaneously for “absolute” molecular weight as well as additional polymer solution properties